Monday, August 29, 2011

18 Days Out

So the last time I saw my doctor 10 days ago, he was pleasantly surprised at how well my eyes were healing and vision improving and hoped that I would be one of those superstar patients that healed in 2 or 3 weeks.  Well not so fast.  I went to see my doctor this afternoon and my vision digressed.  I have no pain and I really don't feel like my eyes are unbelievably dry.  But I have been disappointed about my vision being so blurry.  My vision has not gotten better in time, in fact, I do feel like it digressed a little bit.  Therefore, my doctor said that my experience is normal but would like to see a faster healing time.
So instead of taking one drop of perscription Prednisolone 4x a day and refreshing drops as needed, I now have to take the perscription drop every two hours, refreshing drops every hour and he also inplanted eye plugs to help create more tears.  Boy!  I should start watching more sappy chick flicks so I can cry more.  Even though I ddin't think my eyes were that dry, my doctor said that they were. 

So I will stick to this regimen until I see my doctor again in two weeks.  I want faster healing time myself so I hope this new regimen will help accomplish this.  I will post again in two weeks unless I have something remarkable to write in the meantime.

P.S. Again, driving to unfamiliar places where reading signs is needed would be prove to be a challenge for those undergoing PRK in my opinion.  Just a heads up.

2 comments:

  1. So, I am 19 days out and I could have written this exact post! I had my PRK 11/1/13 - and had only found out the day before I would need PRK instead of lasik. For several reasons, I went ahead with it - given the timing in life right now, had already had my glasses on for 16 days, etc. etc. There has been ups and downs so far, mostly downs. I was happy to find your blog and that at this point in time, you were feeling disappointed with the whole thing. Right now, I feel like I miss seeing with my contacts! I was -7.00 in left eye, and -6.5 in right eye; corneas were too thin for regular lasik. I so far, have only found 1 person I know personally who had PRK, and that 14 years ago! I too, don't feel as though my eyes are/were so dry, but my eye doc called last week on (day 13) to say I should start using the steroid drops every 2 hours due to inflammation. I went in for appointment on day 15, and was told that they were a little better, but to discontinue the restatsis - that on occasion, this has opposite effect on some people. Great...... So onto the every 2 hours of steroid drops, refreshing drops as often as I want. Marked improvement yesterday, athough I feel like there isn't! Was told once my dry eye/inflammation subsides a bit, vision will improve. Let's hope! I was told to cut back down on drops for next 7 days to 4x a day, and still use refresh drops as much as I want. Fingers crossed this works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sharing your thoughts. Yes, patience is key!

      Delete